Friday, October 2, 2009

The Secret is Out: Arts in Covington, KY

Earlier in the year, I mention venturing out beyond Cincinnati's art communities to explore art just beyond our city. Since then, I finally visited the Indianapolis Museum of Art and Yellow Springs, both of which have become my mandatory venues for art viewing. While enlarging this little art bubble of mine, my "home art base" has quickly and easily included Covington, KY. Whenever anyone asks me where to go to see local art, I eagerly encourage the short hop across the river.

This week both Jane Durrell and Jackie Dremaline write about Covington's series of October art events called Full Spectrum. With each the weekend spotlighting the visual arts, performance, film October sees art roads leading to Covington.

0 comments: